Are you hopeless at choosing Christmas presents?
Do you go for the same things each year or grab something last minute?
Do you shamefully buy wilting flowers or chocolates from the servo on the way to Christmas lunch?
One more question… are you never going to DIY a gift in your entire life and just want to be able to buy something that you know is low-impact, but awesome?
Then this is the short and sweet blog post for you!
When choosing a gift to buy, it is still important to consider the impact of the purchase; will it biodegrade? Is it wrapped in unnecessary plastic? Is it reusable, recyclable, upcyclable? Has it been produced ethically?
I’ve chosen some gifts that are easy to grab online, you can give with good conscience and you know that your loved ones will actually use as they are fun or actually useful!
Just click on the links below for more info!
1. It can be really hard to find gifts for kids that aren’t plasticky rubbish but these Tinti Magic Bath balls are a great stocking filler for kids! They are:
- Non-toxic and preservative-free
- Packed in cardboard
- Heaps of fun for kids as they fizz around the bath, change the bath water colour and have a fun surprise inside!
Click HERE to check out the Tinti range for the kids in your life.
2. Bamboo straws are such great stocking fillers and are zero-waste! This 4-pack can be shared around the family so everyone has one and come with a handy cleaning brush.
3. Bamboo dental floss is another green stocking filler that you may not have thought of yet. This plastic-free Noosa Basics pack contains 35 metres of floss made of Bamboo charcoal filament coated with plant-based wax and Coconut Oil, infused with natural extracts of Myrrh, Clove and Manuka and flavoured naturally.
4. Aromatherapy roll-on blends also make perfect gifts. They are thoughtful, beautiful, all-natural and feel like a little bit of luxury. This Salt & Glow Elixir Oil is perfect for when someone needs a bit of a boost and fits perfectly into a handbag or backpack for regular application. And the great thing is that part of the profits go to help an orphanage in Indonesia so it’s a doubly good gift!
5. Help someone go plastic-free by giving them a reusable kit for their bag. Grab this Life Basics 6-piece set and they are good to go with cutlery, chop sticks and a straw!
6. Beeswax wraps are a great plastic-free option for the kitchen and are completely biodegradable once they wear out. They also look pretty and brighten up the kitchen! Give some Life Basics pre-made ones or surprise someone with a Sustomi DIY kit so they can have fun making their own!
7. If you know anyone who uses a pod coffee machine with those pods that go straight to landfill, get them a Sealpod reusable coffee pod so they can save all that waste and fill it with the coffee of their choice.
8. Buying for someone who still buys water in plastic bottles? Grab them a sparkly reusable one that they just can’t resist using from now on! Check out this beauty by S’well – it’s insulated for hot and cold drinks.
9. Clothing is a popular choice at Xmas and you can grab clothes for just about everyone at Bamboo Body. All clothing is ethically-produced and the range is amazing and super-comfy!
10. And for my final eco gift idea? BOOKS! I’m all for secondhand books so if you have time to trawl the secondhand bookshops you can find some real gems for your people, but if you do get stuck and need to grab something last minute, try the Dymocks book store for books on just about anything! Then you can all swap books once you’ve read them.